1. PID controllers like these: https://www.deltaww.com/en-us/products/Temperature-Controllers/2212
2. Is there any app note or example where its is being done in cypress MCU?
I dont want the PID controller code, but how i can make hardware/software so that user cna connect PT100, Thermoocuple etc for universal temperature sensor input.
Could you please let me know your exact request?
Also confirm whether you are looking for an Thermocouple /RTD example?
1. There should be three terminal connectors, where if user wants to connect PT100(3wire),K/J thermocouple. At any given point of time only one of these will be connected.
2. In LCD menu, will give option to tell user which sensor is connected. Depending on user selection, that sensor will be connected by user at terminals, and my code should be able to read the values of temperature from it.
3. This is how its in all the temperature controllers . If you look at below image, terminal 1, 2,3 are for this.
I guess your requirement here is to use the same set of input pins for both RTD and thermocouple in your design. Am I right ? We do have separate examples for RTD and Thermocouple which I have shared earlier. We may have to reconfigure the internal routing and ADC according to the sensor input you are selecting. This can be done, but I doubt whether there is an ready example available.
1. Yes this is what I need.
2. I am new to cypress MCU. Can you tell good starting point for learning mcu so that (1) can be done i.e universal tempearture sensor.
3. Do PSOC MCU have longevity program also? Need to select MCU which is in continuous production also and have long term availability.
4. Which PSOC series you think is most suitable for this? THis is cost sensitive design also.