Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AbPa_4654881
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 likes given

Hi all,

I am using CY8CKIT-059 with usbuart (USBFS) module. I am sending a .txt file (2MBytes) from PC to Cypress using teraterm. I am woking with the example code USBFS_UART and this is working fine but that is slow process. can anyone please help how I can change (increase) the Baud rate for USBUART(USBFS) module ?

and one more thing is "count = USBUART_GetAll(buffer)" this function will return number of bytes received and the maximum amount of the received at a time data is 64 bytes but When I am printing the count value eachtime it is 64,36,64,36,64,36...........like that. So why it is 36 bytes and not 64 bytes in each even iteration?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello AbPa_4654881

The USBUART user module uses the USB Interface to emulate a COM port . The PC application is using USB connection as an RS-232 COM connection . The settings in a terminal application (baud rate, data bits, parity, stop bits and flow control) do not affect the performance of data transmissions because it is a USB device and the USB protocol is used to control data flow.

The data transfer will be happening at the rate of Full Speed USB device which is 12Mbps. The USB data rate of full speed is as per USB 2.0 specification.

As mentioned by you "count = USBUART_GetAll(buffer)" this function will return number of bytes received by the device (transferred by the host). Can you please attach the project you are using for this application? Also can you please let us know how are you transferring the.txt file from tera term?

This will help us to determine the why is this behavior of a 64 byte transfer followed 36 byte transfer is observed.

Can you please confirm if in the end are you able to receive the complete data?

Best Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

6 Replies