USBUART not recognized

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KeSl_4088261
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello, i have problem with USBUART. Im currently working with CY8C5888LTI-LP097 kit. MCU is powered with 3.3 V so I set up in system settings all voltage to 3.3 V. Picture below.

Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 12.24.15.png

I also set  USBUART voltage to 3V and removed D2 in VBUS line to prevent getting 5V from USB.

Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 12.25.32.png

Now when i try to open COM port it says that there is error. See picture below.

Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 12.29.02.png

Any idea what is causing problem?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

kesl,

Would I be correct that your code (with USBUART_Start(USBFS_DEVICE, USBUART_5V_OPERATION)) with D2 installed did work?

In general,  I'm not seeing a code issue.

What is powering your kit-059 board with D2 removed?

Check COM14's driver assignment with Device Manager.  It should be:usbser.sys and the friendly name should be "Cypress USB UART (COM14)".   If this is not the case, attempting to use COM14 might not be the USB device you intend.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
AaJ_4705826
Level 1
Level 1

Were you able to solve this? Even I'm facing the same issue.

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

KeSl,

If you're using the USBUART in a conventional UART manner and if you're interested, I created a new component called "Term" that should handle many of the Terminal communication interfaces.  As the app designer you can chose to configure "Term" as a standard UART using the standard serial interface or you can configure it to use the USBUART (like that on the CY8CKIT-059).  It uses many of the same API commands as the UART component to make it very easy to configure it either way in your code.

Here's a copy of the link to the component library:

Terminal Support Component Library

I've used this component (and the other components included in the library) on many projects with great success.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes