USBFS USB_GetDTERate not changing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnSa_1225656
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

IsLineChanged and USB_GetDTERate never changes when setting baud rate on PC

I am building a USB->serial bridge mode as part of a project.  To enter bootload mode on the downstream device, the UART baud needs to change on the fly.  I was hoping to detect the baud change on the USB interface using the USBFS USB_GetDTERate command (after detecting change with IsLineChanged).  I am not seeing any changes when I change the baud of the serial terminal on the PC.  Is this  a driver issue on the PC?  Do I need a different driver or configuration of the USBFS component to pass through the baud rate changes?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

Please find the solution to the issue at the same community thread created here : https://community.cypress.com/t5/PSoC-5-3-1-MCU/Change-in-Baud-on-PC-does-not-cause-USBFS-USB-GetDTE...

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Aashita_R

Hi @AnSa_1225656 ,

Can you please help me with few details related to your project here ?

1. Since you mentioned you are building USB-serial bridge mode, I am assuming you are using USB-UART bridge to proceed with your application. Hence, can you please let us know if you are using a UART component for this or have you used a USBFS component configured as CDC device here?

2. Do you have another USBFS component besides UART to detect the baud-rate change and how exactly have you configured the descriptor of USB then?

Please let us know your comments regarding this.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Aashita,

I have USBFS configured as a CDC UART (see config file attached) <--> UART (2.50)

In software, I am copying data between the two (I need to be able to switch to non-bridge and talk to UART directly for some operation).

0 Likes

@Aashita_R , What other information do you need to address this bug?

0 Likes
AnSa_1225656
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

@Aashita_R , did my last post help?

0 Likes
Aashita_R

Hi,

Please find the solution to the issue at the same community thread created here : https://community.cypress.com/t5/PSoC-5-3-1-MCU/Change-in-Baud-on-PC-does-not-cause-USBFS-USB-GetDTE...

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes