USB- UART

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I want to print my temperature value (LM35) in serial monitor (putty) does any body have the code.pls help me,harware connections i made but software part pls share your views

0 Likes
7 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

This is for the CY8CKit-044

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi i am using creator 3.3 that USB component i am not able to find it here can i use UART (V2.50)

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

????

Can you please use some more words to explain what you need?

What board are you using, what connections did you make?

Can you please create and upload a workspace bundle of your project.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using  freesoc2 from  sparkfun , i want read sensor ( LM35-analog)data and see the values in serial monitor like arduino IDE , but i didn't know how  to proceed in this board. or else guide me PSoC 5LP based boards....

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Sorry, someone else has to show you how to connect the freesoc UART to your PC.

Bob

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

I assume that you need to configure the USB as USBUART device. Can you please have a look at the USBUART code example available with PSoc Creator.This project can be used with CY8CKIT-050.Instead of data loopback you can send the temperature data directly.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Salaideva: I have not worked with the FreeSoc2 board and don't have one to debug this program. However I believe that it should work. It took a little time to make the LM35 model.  I also added an UART debug section. Be sure that you have closed the program window before you try it. Also the LM35 needs an 18 kohm resistor on the output pin.  This should give you an ideal what you need to Add UART to the USB to get data from the board.  I am also sending you the spec sheet for the LM35 part. I use Putty for my terminal program and it works well for me.

0 Likes