USB Serial Number String Problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,i want to make a usb sound card with CY8C32XX,and i have completed serval  PCBAs.But when i tested them on different OS,there was a problem.

When i plugged two  pcbas into a PC(WINDOWS 10),they could be recognized as two usb audio devices,but into mac just only one usb audio device was recognized.I found the reason some time later,it was when i configured USBFS the option of Serial Number String i selected User Entered Text(attached 1).Next i modified this option to Silicon Generated Serial Number,the problem was solved.But i have a puzzle with it,when i plug two pcbas into a PC, there will be a number prefix with the device descriptor(attached 2).The number is not  a random number and is not related to the sequence of being plugged.Now how this number is created?If i want the number is created in sequence of being plugged,what can i do?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Something is wrong with the pictures. I am not able to see any letters on picture 2. Can you check those and send again please ?

0 Likes