USB Keyboard non-responsive after running PSoC5lp USB HID Bootloader

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a PSoC5LP part with the USB HID Bootloader loaded.  It works great.  I load and run all night long.

I put my laptop to sleep and wake it and my USB keyboard no longer works. If I reboot it is fine.

My workaround is to use a second machine to bootloading from, but this is non-optimal to say the least.  If my customers for this product have this same issue, they will not be impressed.

I only need to run the bootloader app, not even perform a bootload for the condition to occur. This problem has persisted from last year up to and including this morning always using the latest/greatest PSoC Creator and bootloader projects.

As an aside, my keyboard at home is attached to a full dock with it's own USB interface.  This keyboard is not affected.  This problem has occurred on the two similar HP laptops I've tried it on.

I have contacted support in the past and they want me to invest in a USB analyzer which isn't likely to happen here.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  I just found the source for CyUsb so I'll look into that for clues when I get time.

- John

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should add that my laptop is running Windows 7 Pro. 

The problem seems to happen on any maker of USB keyboard.

Removing the USB keyboard and reconnecting changes nothing, even different ports or controllers on the laptop.  Only rebooting recovers the keyboard.

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Is this phenomenon is being observed on HP laptops only or any other  manufacturer's laptop also.

Please update.

0 Likes