UNABLE TO ADD LICENSE!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ShBa_282106
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

hi..

i purchased 2 new cy8c001b kits. unlike older one, it does not support 30 initial days of trial license of keil within which license can be obtained fron internet.As well as when license is obtained from internet, it shows error in adding(invalid license).my colleague also facing this problem ...what to do??

0 Likes
19 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi neha,

The 30 day evaluation license is still provided with PSoC Creator Software.  If you are having trouble registering the license, please file a case.

Thanks,

srim

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

File a case here (in CASE you have never filed before, no pun ......)

https://secure.cypress.com/myaccount/?id=25

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
ShBa_282106
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Srim, Dana!

the last cy8c001 i had purchased last yr may had 30 days license, this new one not having from very first day.In case i am using downloaded PSoC Creator 2.0 component pack from internet it shows that the device is not supported( even auto select device not working). So i unstalled it and installed the CD given with the kit.

The version of Keil installed is Microvision 3 or 4?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Neha,

You can register your Keil licence using following 2 methods:

From Keil MicroVision IDE:

1. Go to Uv4.exe (that gets installer along with PSoC Creator) in C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Creator\2.0\PSoC Creator\import\keil\pk51\9.03\UV4\Uv4.exe.

2. Click on File->Licence Management. Add your LIC code here and Click on "Add LIC". The licence gets added.

By renaming "_TOOLS.INI"

1. Rename "_Tools.ini" to "Tools.ini" in the path "C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Creator\2.0\PSoC Creator\import\keil\pk51\9.03"

2. Now add your LIC code in PSoC Creator, Help->Register->Keil and click on "Add LIC". The licence gets added.

-Sashi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Neha,

Try the above steps suggested by Sashi and I'm sure that will work. As an add-on, you can add edit the _TOOLS.INI file and add the following line with your license code.

LIC0=<Paste your License code here>

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason for getting the "device not supported" pop-up is that  several PSoC 3 and PSoC 5 part numbers  are now obsolete and have been removed from the device catalog.  If you are using one of them, I would recommend you to upgrade to the latest with no cost.

Thanks,

srim

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ShBa_282106
Level 3
Level 3

hi saashi, srim!

Dont kno why UV4 was not installed with CD.However i downloaded and installed it.it shows successfully added. But stil programs in creator are not compiled. Renamed _TOOLS to TOOLS.INI as well and added line for LIC0. problem persist.Adding a snapshot

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Neha,

I hope you want to use the free version of Keil. It is installed in "C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Creator\2.0\PSoC Creator\import\keil\pk51" folder. Use the following procedure if you get issue while registering through Creator i.e. Help -> Register -> Keil.

1. Edit "C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Creator\2.0\PSoC Creator\import\keil\pk51\9.03\TOOLS.INI"

2. Add the LIC obtained through mail after registering on Keil website to this file on the last line. 

"LIC0=<License ID Code>"

3. Edit "C:\Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Creator\2.0\PSoC Creator\import\keil\pk51\9.03\_TOOLS.INI" and follow the step 2.

If above procedure does not work, then please re-install the Creator and try it. Even after reinstallation, the above procedure does not work then file a case.

~ Aniruddha

0 Likes
ShBa_282106
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Aniruddha!

I already did what has been suggested. I filed a case regarding this. The only way to make it work out was to download PSoC creator 2.0  component pack from cypress and uv4 from keil.I registered the license i obtained on e-mail and it was installed on that IDE .now things are fine...but stipulated CD with the kit is still not working! 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone please suggest me which is the best kit to work on with maximum functionalities and compatibilities among listed below:

CY8CKIT-030

CY8CKIT-050

CY8CKIT-001B

please suggest

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest you to go with CY8CKit 001B dev kit as it comes with detachable PSoC3(CY8C3866AXI-040) and PSoC5 (CY8C5688AXI-060processor modules.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

@sachinbvp: if you have a new question, please start a new topic, and don't reply to an exisitng one, which is totally unrelated. That way, you ensure that your question gets answered the best way. (Otherwiese, it might just get lost)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hli i totally agree with you but especially i m asking my questions from @neha because she buyed CY8CKIT-001B i want to know the experience of her about the PSoC 001B kit

0 Likes
ShBa_282106
Level 3
Level 3

I completely agree with Srim...CY8C001B is best among all of them.

It has modularity in selecting processor module, moreover everything required for fundamental designing of embedded projects

is given. Add-ons like cap-sense or wireless Cy-fi can be used once u r familiar with basic working. If u wish to design more ambitiously , there is provision for expansion boards. There is a video 'Introduction to CY8C001 kit' on cypress website

kindly follow:http://www.cypress.com/?rID=40547

Regards

Neha

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

And (last, not least) when designing for PSoC1 if you've got an ICE-Cube you may connect that directly to the PSoC1 processor module without the need for a pod.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks neha and bob and other members

@neha can you tell CY8CKIT-001B has inertial measurement unit ie compass,gyroscope,accelerometer etc

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

@sachinbvp: Please read the documentation. It is not that far away (http://www.cypress.com/?rID=37464 ). To answer your question: no, it hasn't. The only external components are a LCD, a rheostat and a RS232 level converter.

0 Likes
deda_294911
Level 4
Level 4
Welcome!

unable to get keil license al though new lic code is given for my cy8ckit-001 revb. 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Can you please be a bit more specific?

1. Did you get a new license from Keil?

2. Did you enter the code on the same computer you asked to get the license or at a different one?

3. What was the exact message when the code was denied?

Bob

0 Likes