UART Receive data incorrect (sometimes)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have a problem with the UART on the PSoC 5 and the CY8CKIT-001 development kit. What I am doing, is sending (Modbus) data via a serial to USB cable from the PC to the device. When using Realterm to send the data packet to the device, everything works fine, every time. However, if I send the data packet from a C# app using the .net SerialPort class, some bytes get scrambled at the device side. This does not happen every time, but actually most of the time. I used the same C# app on a PIC Modbus devce that I built, and it works fine every single time.

I actually resorted to go to Java, using the RXTX library to send the Modbus packet to the device. However, the same happens from the Java app.

How can this be, that the data gets to the device correctly when I am using Realterm, but when I am using any other custom app, some bytes get scrambled?

Please help me with this

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also ran the same C# app to query a PIC micro of mine with great success (every time).

Isn't there anyone (maybe from Cypress?) who can please help me with this?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That does seem odd.  I'll talk to one of our application engineers, but I think we might need to move this case over to our technical support tool.  That will allow us to have a one-on-one dialog and potentially share project files back and forth.

-Bobby

0 Likes
KishoreS_96
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 50 replies posted 25 replies posted
        Hi, Yes. Can you please create a Tech Support case on this issue as we may require to debug your code. You can create a case by Design Support -> Tech Support -> Create a Case -> Create a Case -> Select "Technical Support" -> Enter the details of your issue, attach your project and click CreateMyCase. Regards, Kishore.   
0 Likes