Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hata_3396041
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored First like received 50 questions asked

Hello

I want to write to PSoC1 using Miniprog3.

Is there a Cypress recommended socket like the CY3210-MiniEval1?

(CY3210-MiniEval1 has been discontinued.)

If not, do I have to build my own board with the 5 pins needed for writing?

Best Regards

Hayato

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello Hayato-san,

Since PSoC1 is a mature product, its associated kits have not been replenished after going out-of-stock. You can also use CY3210-PSoCEval1 kit, in case you can find it for purchase with a third party. Else, you will have to build a PCB with a 5-pin socket and PSoC1 which are compatible with MiniProg and MiniProg3.

I would recommend building a PCB if the product is already in manufacturing, and you have to support the product's maintenance. If you are designing a new product, I would recommend that you kindly consider our newest PSoC4 family.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello Hayato-san,

Since PSoC1 is a mature product, its associated kits have not been replenished after going out-of-stock. You can also use CY3210-PSoCEval1 kit, in case you can find it for purchase with a third party. Else, you will have to build a PCB with a 5-pin socket and PSoC1 which are compatible with MiniProg and MiniProg3.

I would recommend building a PCB if the product is already in manufacturing, and you have to support the product's maintenance. If you are designing a new product, I would recommend that you kindly consider our newest PSoC4 family.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes