Sleep while SC operates?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FuKo_2271141
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I want to put M8C into sleep while switch-cap blocks operate, but can't get desired waveform.

AN47310 says "As the column clock is either VC1 or VC2 ... SC blocks are not functional during sleep", so I used 32k clock, which should be active during sleep, for SC.  Some other setting necessary?

Or, is it absolutely impossible to sleep while SC operates?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hi,

The SC blocks are not functional during sleep. I am extremely sorry that there is no setting which can make the SC blocks function correctly in sleep mode.

Do kindly let me know what means you have used to connect the 32kHz clock to an SC block.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hi,

The SC blocks are not functional during sleep. I am extremely sorry that there is no setting which can make the SC blocks function correctly in sleep mode.

Do kindly let me know what means you have used to connect the 32kHz clock to an SC block.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes

Hi, Sampath.  Thanks again for kindly responding to uncommon question (I posted ripple problem one and half year ago).

|> there is no setting which can make the SC blocks function correctly in sleep mode

OK, understood.

|> what means you have used to connect the 32kHz clock to an SC block

Sorry, not directly by 32k.  A digital block is clocked by 32k and its output (thru GOE I confirmed it works during sleep) is for ACLK0.

# While debugging, I found, by setting OSC_GO_EN, a strange phenomena that 32k changes to 40k or so during sleep.  This may affect sleep timer.

0 Likes