Sigma Delta Converter On Top

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Through some option exploring, I attempted the use of both the PSOC's internal and TI serial based ADS7818 converters. I started messing with the Sigma Delta converter and concluded its noise immunity suits my application best.

Therfore, I can sample at a lower rate, average less, and use less memory when transmitting samples over UARTs.

The one drawback is the PSOC 5 only has 1 Sigma Delta converter, and I need to monitor two shunts. There is a sequencing SAR converter, but no sequencing Sigma Delta. An app note I found suggested using the analog mux.

The attached project shows how I implemented it. I am receiving an asynchronus path warning. I am thinking using a clock to control the select object is not the best idea? Prior to every edge of the ACLK, the mux alternates between channels 0 and 1. The DMA thus stores every other sample as one shunt's reading, and the other offset, the other shunt. Is there a better way of sequencing? Despite the warning, the system appears to be working, but I may be paying some kind of noise penalty.

0 Likes
5 Replies