Sequencing SAR how to make  internal connection to input

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Jweaver
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

I have the cy8ckit-059 ,  using the sequencing SAR (single ended),  there's a compile error if  the analog input is connected to an op-amp output internally.  Is the only solution to bring the op-amp output to a pin and also the analog input of the SAR to a pin,  then connect them with a wire externally? (I'm only using one-input for now, but I will be using 2 inputs later).

Why can't there be a direct connection, all internal, from op-amp output (internal) and SAR input ?   I don't have this problem with the Delta-sigma A/D.  Why?

That's all one question.   

Another question- everytime I open the SAR part to configure, it changes the frequency.  Originally  I set it to 1 MHz,  but it reverts to 999.992 kHz  .  

Thanks in advance

Jim

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

For the ADC I ran into the same problem (see replies http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-creator-software/creator-error-signal-ah0degw-expected-connect-onl...). I had to go with ADC SAR+AMux instead of the Sequencing SAR, as I didn't like the external connection between "internal" OPAMP and sequencing SAR.

Regards,

Matija

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Jweaver
Level 3
Level 3

Here's the project file

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

First page of Seq ADC datasheet says:

Note Only GPIOs can be connected to the channel inputs. The actual maximum number of input channels depends on the number of routable analog GPIOs available on a specific PSoC part and package.

Set the clock frequency a bit higher than 1 MHz, ADC will display 1000.020 kHz

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

For the ADC I ran into the same problem (see replies http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-creator-software/creator-error-signal-ah0degw-expected-connect-onl...). I had to go with ADC SAR+AMux instead of the Sequencing SAR, as I didn't like the external connection between "internal" OPAMP and sequencing SAR.

Regards,

Matija

0 Likes
Jweaver
Level 3
Level 3

Yes,  that's what I'm doing too. But still the question remains.  Why does one allow for internal connections and the other doesn't?  I can guess,  like maybe they didn't see the point of it- if you have more than 4  inputs that you want buffered, this has to be done externally anyway.  So they didn't bother to  include this design feature.   That's a guess...

0 Likes
Jweaver
Level 3
Level 3

ok-  I just read your link.  That answers my question. Thanks a lot.

0 Likes