Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1669321
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

I'm using a sequencing ADC offset in differential mode, with internal ±1.024V as reference, running at 1000KHz, 8 channels, and 12 bits resolution.

What is the best way to calibrate the gain and/or offset? I read in the datasheet that the gain is computed with adcGain = adcCounts * 10 / Volts, but this value I get varies largely from one input to the other. By doing an average, I get an offset on some channels up to 40mV. At low levels, though (~100mV), the offset is ~1mV. The large offsets are when the input is at 0.9V.

For the offset, the datasheet says to "short all inputs together". Should I also connect them to ground?

What's the best way to go about this problem?

Thank you,

Fred

0 Likes
1 Solution

Fred,

why not to use DelSig_ADC with AMux to measure all voltages in the system (batteries, thermistors, etc.)? DelSig_ADC has high-impedance input buffer, high accuracy, 10kHz in 16-bit single point measurement. I see that you are using it for Thermistor measurement already. I would measure all voltages in a simple loop, e.g. at 100Hz repetition rate (per channel). Quite enough for thermistor and batteries.

/odissey1

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies