Please help me with some question
1. is possible make Schmitt triger with Creator components ?
2. is possible make ADC component with direct 8bit digital output bus ? (like data bus DAC component )
3. Creator 2.0 will be free for all user like Creator 1.0 ? or info about it or release date.
Many thanks info
(sorry my bad english)
The following may answer your questions:
1) Yes, it is definately possible (and easy too) to make Schmitt Trigger with Creator components. You can use the OpAmp component (Found in the Cypress Component Catalog tab under Amplifiers) and external resistors and capacitors to make the Schmitt trigger. The value of the external components can be easily determined if you know the upper and lower triggering values.
2) Yes, you can make ADC components with direct 8-bit digital output bus. For this, you need to use the DMA. It's source will be the ADC data register and destination will be set to a pin port. The EOC of ADC components should be connected to the 'drq' of DMA such that at every End-Of-Conversion of ADC, the DMA will transfer the 8-bit data from ADC to External pins configured by you. (It will be advantageous to use GPIO's of digital pins.)
3) Yes, it will be free.
Many thanks info 🙂
But point 2. (ADC) i mean ADC direct bus out to verilog component (like optional output from DAC). Not for direct pin but for verilog internal PLD connection.
Is possible post me example ?
Many thanks Kamil
I feel you want to have "visible" outputs at ADC so that you may directly connect components with it. If such is the requirement, there is a way to implement it.
Attached along is the image of TopDesign of one such implementation. At every EOC, the DMA is configured to transfer a byte of ADC output to Control Register and generate a signal at 'nrq'. Such DMA configuration can be easily done by the DMA Wiard under the Tools menu in Creator. once the transfer is done, the value is reflected at the output lines on Control Register, acting though it is a data bus. This output lines can then be direclty used as data bus to connect to any other digital input. The output signal at 'nrq' can be used to point that data has been written.
In the attached TopDesign, The output of the control register is connected to VDAC. The strobe of VDAC is connected with the 'nrq' of DMA.
I hope this solves your problem.