SSD1963 slow transfer on PSoC5LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm testing a SSD1963 with GraphicLCDIntf and this works, but you can see the screen building up. If i test this on an ATMega32 it's looks much faster while this is done via bitbanging. Now i also tried to do this on the PSoC5LP but can get the old fasion bitbanging running. Ofcourse i can fix this by using double buffering, but i'm curious how the hell a 8bit AVR at 11Mhz is much faster then a ARM-M3 at 24Mhz and we even use UDB!

Cheers,

Alexander

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I changed the clock settings. You may run the PSoC now at 60MHz by changing the bus clock. The LCD interface now runs at 60MHz, the datasheet of  your controller seems to allow for faster access than 80ns.

See attached project.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

When you post your complete project we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the workspace with the code which is currently working. I commented the double/triple buffering stuff.

Alexander

0 Likes
lock attach
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I changed the clock settings. You may run the PSoC now at 60MHz by changing the bus clock. The LCD interface now runs at 60MHz, the datasheet of  your controller seems to allow for faster access than 80ns.

See attached project.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob! It draws faster but still looks like AVR is much faster writing to the LCD then the M3 Core. I know we shouldn't compare apples with pears and PSoC is more advanced then AVR but i'm trying to understand why a 11Mhz MCU can write faster than a 48Mhz (or at least it looks like AVR is faster). After the weekend i probably have access to a oscilloscope so i can compare the writes times between both of them.

Alexander 

0 Likes
DePa_3244516
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

how to connect display https://www.buydisplay.com/default/lcd-5-ssd1963-tft-module-touch-screen-display-800x480-mcu-arduino  with CY8CKIT 050 ?

i have connected display and psoc 5lp but only get the back light on not nay other things are showing on display

0 Likes

Check here:
Re: GLCD_connection

0 Likes