Regarding PSOC5LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrateekKumar
Level 2
Level 2
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I was doing the simple exercise of I2C in which through Bridge Control Panel I'm trying to change the values and update the output subsequently as stated in L-11 I2C Receieve (PSoC).....but I was having a problem which hex file I need to load into PSoC Programmer,currrently I have CY8CKIT059 DVK.....will it be supoorting the I2C or KitProg will support a lots of doubts are there.....please help me with the detailed answer and sample project attached with this chat file(cyprj).

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

If you are using CY8CKIT059:

Try resetting / reconnecting your device. This would solve the problem most of the times.
Make sure the device firmware is upto date. Go to PSoC Programmer > Port selection > select your KitProg. An action message would be displayed upon successful connection.

NOTE - PSoC Programmer and BCP cannot be used simultaneously. Only one application can interact with PSoC at a time.

Then, head to Utilities tab > Upgrade Firmware. Now, disconnect from PSoC Programmer and head back to BCP and a successful connection between BCP and KitProg should now be possible.

If you are using CY8CKIT050:
@BiBi_1928986  is correct in pointing out that CY8CKIT050 has no KitProg. You need to use MiniProg (or any USB to I2C bridge) to perform I2C communication with BCP.

Regards
Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
ncbs

Hi @PrateekKumar ,

You can refer to the code examples present in PSOC creator for implementing I2C. You may use "CE95314_P3-5LP" code example to get a better understanding.

If you wish to use PSOC as a slave, then you can issue the master commands from the Bridge Control Panel (BCP).
If you wish to use PSOC as a master, then connect slave to the kit's I2C pins. In this case BCP cannot be used to issue master commands as BCP can only talk to a slave.

Using PSoC Programmer : You need to build the project and use the hex file created by the PSoC creator. The hex file is present in Project Directory > CortexM3 > ARM_GCC_541 > Debug folder with the same name as the project.
A simpler approach : You may directly program using PSoC Creator, this eliminates manual work of choosing hex files; but both the approaches work. You can click on the Program icon directly, or go to Debug > Program.

Further, you can check out the "DelSig_I2CM" and "DelSig_I2CS" code examples as well.

Let us know if you face any issues.

Regards

Nikhil

0 Likes
PrateekKumar
Level 2
Level 2

Hi , 

When I am trying to connect the DVK (CY8CKIT-050) for I2C Communication, I go to Bridge Control Panel, but I can't see the option of Kitprog through I2C Communication will take place.

0 Likes

Hello.

CY8CKIT-50 uses FX2LP Programmer, not Kitprog.  FX2LP does not support I2C bridge function that I know of.  I think you'll need a Kitprog connected to CY8CKIT-050 to perform your project.

Regards.

0 Likes
PrateekKumar
Level 2
Level 2

My simple question can we do I2C Communication with CY8CKIT050 or not or we require Minikitprog(Cy8CKIT-050).

0 Likes
ncbs

If you are using CY8CKIT059:

Try resetting / reconnecting your device. This would solve the problem most of the times.
Make sure the device firmware is upto date. Go to PSoC Programmer > Port selection > select your KitProg. An action message would be displayed upon successful connection.

NOTE - PSoC Programmer and BCP cannot be used simultaneously. Only one application can interact with PSoC at a time.

Then, head to Utilities tab > Upgrade Firmware. Now, disconnect from PSoC Programmer and head back to BCP and a successful connection between BCP and KitProg should now be possible.

If you are using CY8CKIT050:
@BiBi_1928986  is correct in pointing out that CY8CKIT050 has no KitProg. You need to use MiniProg (or any USB to I2C bridge) to perform I2C communication with BCP.

Regards
Nikhil

0 Likes
PrateekKumar
Level 2
Level 2

PrateekKumar_0-1615443852607.png

Hi , I can't see any option of KitProg in it.

0 Likes
PrateekKumar
Level 2
Level 2

My major problem is I have input (of 7 Clock pulses) which needs to get through PSoC and correctly able to decode that 7 Clock Pulses and at the 7th rising edge of clock pulse it should let's say enable the counter (any simple counter)....could you help me with the design. Please send the cyprj file attached.

0 Likes
ncbs

Hi @PrateekKumar 

I assume that you are using CY8CKIT050. In this case, you would not see "KitProg". CY8CKIT050 has dvkprog which is the programmer. So for your application, use miniprog or any USB-to-I2C bridge to perform I2C communication.

CE95314_P3-5LP provides detailed insight about I2C communication. You may modify the program to count 7 clock pulses as per your requirement. Once 7 pulses are counted, you may trigger a counter.
"CE224594_PSoC4_Counter_Count" may be referred to understand how to use a counter in your project.

Regards

Nikhil

0 Likes