Reducing power consumption in CY8C20xx7

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

In order to reduce power consumption as much as possible in a CY8C20xx7,  the device will repeatedly make measurements and then enter sleep mode for a while.  What  hardware can be switched off while sleeping and then quickly switched on to make measurements?  Specifically the control bits cleared in CSDPLUS_Stop.  Also how much power is reduced and are there any issues, delays or reinitializations needed for the following components cleared in the stop function:

_`@INSTANCE_NAME`_Stop:

M8C_SetBank0

; and     reg[AMUXCFG], ~0ch ; Disconnect internal capacitor

and   reg[`@INSTANCE_NAME`_CapSense_CR2_REG], ~`@INSTANCE_NAME`_CS_CR2_INIT ; Disable precharge switching and disconnect IDAC

and   reg[`@INSTANCE_NAME`_CapSense_CR0_REG], ~08h ; Disable CSDPLUS mode

and   reg[`@INSTANCE_NAME`_CapSense_CR3_REG], ~`@INSTANCE_NAME`_CS_CR3_INIT ; Power down and disconnect VRef Buffer

mov reg[`@INSTANCE_NAME`_CapSense_PRS_CR_REG], 00h  `@CTAB40`; Disable PRS

RAM_EPILOGUE RAM_USE_CLASS_1

ret

Thanks   

0 Likes
3 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

You have had a chance to look at this -

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=34189     AN47310

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That document doesn't seem to handle the CY8C20xx7.  Instead it covers  Associated Part Family: CY8C21x23, CY8C21x34, CY8C21x45, CY8C22xxx, CY8C23x33,  CY8C24x23A, CY8C24x94, CY8C27x43, CY8C28xxx, CY8C29x66

In any case, what analog components can be powered down then powered up without affecting capsense?   I'd expected the analog block references would be reset, but what about the analog output buffers and CT/SC blocks?  Also, what time delay is needed between powering them up and using them?  This isn't mentioned in any of the documents I've read.

Thanks

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

I included the doc link because the 20xx7 parts are of same basic technology.

I also cannot find answers that cover your questions, Even the TRM is very "thin" on this

family.

I think you should file  CASE -

To create a technical case at Cypress -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

You have to be registered on Cypress web site first.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes