REGARDING CY8C38466-040 AXI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi..

I have been using CY8C-kit-030 for my project purpose......but, today mistakenly i have given 5V through one of the GPIO pin of my kit (Whose vddio was set to 3.3V)....In response to it my processor is getting heated when i am trying to connect it to PC through USB....and when i am trying to port my code into the processor it is asking to select the debug target......

so, i realized that my processor gets damaged......am I right??

and i am planning to buy the new piece of CY8C3866-040 AXI....

Can any one please tell me......its availability in INDIA....and which is the best way to get it.....

In Cypress website i have seen that its cost is 12.34$ and shipping is free.......Is it applicable to shipping to INDIA?

Thank you.

0 Likes
12 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Yes,  Vss => Vpin >= Vdd usually triggers CMOS latchup and part

self destructs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latchup

You might examine schematic for the pin you stressed to make sure nothing else

was damaged.

I will let Cypress comment on suppliers and part procurement.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi danaa....

Vdd means did you mean Vddio.....

Actually in my kit Vdd is 5V and Vddio is given as 3.3 V.....but i tried to give 5V throught the GPIO pin whose Vddio is kept as 3.3V.......does it cause a damage to the entire chip.....

Thank you

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Yes, exceeding Vddio also subjects part to latchup. Here is spec on

current limit thru parasitic input diodes that prevent triggering parasitic

SCR -

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi...

again a small doubt.......now, the processor(CY8C3866AXI-040) in my CY8CKIT-030 has damaged................If i replace it with the processor CY8C3866AXI-040 ES2 from my first touch starter kit.....will my kit work?

Actually my CY8CKIT-030 kit is having CY8C3866AXI-040 ES3 processor...but now it get damaged....and i am also having CY8CKIT-003(First touch starter kit) with CY8C3866AXI-040 ES2 processor.....so, can i replace ES3 processor of my CY8CKIT-030(which get damaged) with ES2 processor of CY8CKIT-003.......

For my application ES2 processor is sufficient....but as the number of GPIOs of first touch kit is just 24, which are not sufficient to me....i am planning to remove this ES2 processor from first touch kit and fix it to CY8CKIT-030 which was having ES3 processor..

Thank you

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Using ES2 silicon on the processor module should be OK.

That being said you should review the processor module revision information to be

certain nothing as changed on the module. If you have trouble finding revision information

you might consider posting a tech case at -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There were some silicon bugs in ES2 silicon which were fixed in ES3/Production release version. So it would be better to get a Production release silicon to use it on your DVK. Also ES2 silicon can't be programmed using the latest version of Creator (2.2)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

@manya: maybe use another browser (e.g. Firefox or so). And then please do not hijack old threads with new questions. Please open a new oen, that will increase your chances of getting a good answer.

Thanks,

hli

0 Likes