RECEIVER USING UART

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sir,

I am using Psoc 3  with CY8CKIT-001. I am using Psoc creator 1 for programming

I want to receive serial data at 9600 baud rate from UART.

I got help from sample code of 8 bit Uart from cypress site.

But that project does not get open directly. So I read all its C file and than made my own project which builds completely .

But still no output is seen on hardware.

1) I have checked jumper 10 is properly placed.

2) I have made top design as per pdf  EP56061_Archive.

3) My main c file is same as that in EP56061_Archive.

4)My ISR_UART c file is same as that in EP56061_Archive.

* File Name: ISR_UART_intc.c  

#include <UART.h>

extern uint8 flag_keyPress;

CY_ISR(ISR_UART_Interrupt)

{

UART_GetRxInterruptSource();    

/* To indicate key press */

flag_keyPress = 1; 

}

*******************************************************************************   

Please reply fast because I have stucked at this point from last 8 days

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Prem,

Which version of PSoC creator are using. Are you using the latest version that is available at, http://www.cypress.com/?id=2494

1. The UART examle project is available here, http://www.cypress.com/?rID=38729. If you are already using the latest verion of PSoC Creator, that is production version, please use the project titled,        EP56061.zip (PSoC Creator 1.0, all PSoC 3 and PSoC 5 production and preproduction parts)
  3. If you are using older version of PSoC Creator(Beta 5.0) then you will have to use the project titled,         EP56061_Archive.zip - (PSoC Creator beta5, PSoC 3 and PSoC 5 preproduction parts only).
  5. Please try out the above two recommendations. Inspite of that if you are not able to get the project running we will help you. Please let us the know error message given by PSoC Creator.

-Udayan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you verified:

- UART BAUD rate and other parameters setup correctly and UARTclock is within tolerance

- UART pin #'s and the jumper wires are setup correctly to go from PSOC Port to UART RX/TX on the Cyckit

- You enabled interrupts (CYGlobalIntEnable)

- You enabled/started the UART and it's clock

- You don't need (or need to add) a NULL modem between the cyckit DB9 and your other equipment

- If transmit is not working, what about receive? Can you receive anything?

- if you have a logic analyzer / oscillascope does anything come out of the PSOC?

0 Likes
alli_264371
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked
We're sorry, we couldn't find the page you are looking for.

The page might have been removed, had its URL changed or is temporarily unavailable. Use the links below to locate the page you wanted, or use our search bar at the top to find what you are looking for.

The page might have been removed, had its URL changed or is temporarily unavailable. Use the links below to locate the page you wanted, or use our search bar at the top to find what you are looking for.

The page might have been removed, had its URL changed or is temporarily unavailable. Use the links below to locate the page you wanted, or use our search bar at the top to find what you are looking fo

Example project's of UART not present at the web cite..

I cannot confirm email and add messages due to a bug on your site, the email section is not active
0 Likes
alli_264371
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

sorry..I post just once it HTML bug

I cannot confirm email and add messages due to a bug on your site, the email section is not active
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi maagalex,

You can get a sample project on UART from Creator itself.

Right click on the UART component and select "Find Example Project". Similarly example projects are available for all components.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

maagalex,

The example project for UART which you were unable to find in the website is attached with this post. The ADC value is transmitted to PC via Hyperterminal using UART at a baud rate of 9600.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The pdf version of the example project document is also attached.

0 Likes