Questions about comparators

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm doing some research that requires a lot of comparators. Currently, for proof of concept, I'm using LM319's because their open collector outputs allow me to use any output voltage I want if the comparator is "high" and they allow me to tie their "ground" to different voltages as long as it is higher than Vsss so the output when the comparator is "low" is also configurable.

The problem is that I need a heck of a lot of them and I'm looking for configurable solutions. So far the Cypress PSoC 3 looks like a candidate but I need to know more about them (maybe the 4 or 5 would be better, or some other product entirely). First, how many comparators can you get from one of the configurable analog blocks? I couldn't find much detail on the internals of the analog blocks. Second, how flexible are the comparators themselves? From reading the datasheet for the COMP module, it looks like high=Vdd and low=Vss. Is there any way to manipulate this so that the lows and highs are equal to some other intermediate voltage references?

Thanks much for any help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        Rory.ohare... This Cypress application note would be of your interest first: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an60220-psoc-3-psoc-5lp-multiplexed-comparato... odissey1   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies