Question on the Design Challenge

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I may be interested in participating in the challenge, but need some clarification on the resources.

If one makes it to the stage to receive a dev kit, what chip will it be, how much GPIO will the dev kit provide?

The design I anticpate may require up to 24 digital I/O pins, plus 8 Analog input pins, a couple of DAC outputs, and maybe a couple of event timer input pins. Maybe even another 13 I/O for a graphics LCD display. Will the dev kit be adequate to fulfill this?

Thanks,

Tony

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

The kit we are going to use is the CY8CKIT-050 PSoC 5 Development Kit.  This kit is not offered online yet, so we don't have the webpage for it up yet.

It features a CY8C5588AXI-060ES1 device.  This device has 62 GPIO (analog & digital), 8 SIO (high-current digital) and 2 USBIO (USB or limited digital).  The board has multiple headers that connect to free IO so it's easy to interface it to external devices.  The board has 50+ I/O connected to the header.

It looks like a smaller version of our CY8CKIT-001 PSoC Development Kit.  The processor modules go away, and instead of having 3 expansion board headers (Port A, Port B, Port C) it only has 2 (Port D and Port E).  The expansion headers are the same form-factor.

-Bobby

0 Likes