Psoc5 Compile error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have convertered a Psoc3 project to a Psoc5 project and get the following error.

Build error: The command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Regards 

Matt

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Usually there is an errormessage preceding the final "I give up". There could have been a warning before that leads to an error like a specific API that could not be found...

f you can, post the complete project here, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file. So we could at least check (within a few minutes) whether the installation of Creator is correct.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bob.

Thank you for your reply. We want to convert the design "DriveProtectionCy8CKIT030" as according to AN75813 to a Psoc 5 device. This is mainly to acheive the cost saving that the Psoc 5 device offers. We have to drive 6 DC motors. Please see attached the original Psoc3 file and the Psoc 5 file.

Please let me know if it is at all possible to convert this to a PSoc5 and what do you suggest we change in our design.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The PSoC3 was able to address a bit (designed to save sram space) but the PSoC5 is not. When you

typedef uint8 bit;

a lot of your errors cease. Remaining is the usage of a variable at an absolute memory location spi_registerMap[256]. This is not a good (because not portable) programming style. Instead a global variable should be used which is declared to be extern in the different modules accessing it.

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Regards

Matt

0 Likes