Psoc 3 UART Bootload problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I try using the UART protocol (http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an68272-psoc-3-psoc-4-and-psoc-5lp-uart-bootl...) but i can't program. I attach the my project and the error image. On image the the green progress bar is in this state without change... I try everything and didn't found a solution for this problem...

Thanks,

Romil

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Your supplied project named UART_Bootloader_Host is missing the BootLoader component, so that will not work. I concentrated on the UART_Bootloader project which is written for a PSoC3 which I do not have.
I viewed at the definitions, found a bug in the Bootloadable2 and removed it from project.

One issue still remains: you connected Rx and Tx of the Bootloader to Port 0 Pins 0 and 1. what is the connection from those pins to your PC? You will probably need a level-shifter (like MAX232) to convert the 0..5V to +-12V for the serial interface connected to your PC. The MiniProg3 does not support an USB-UART bridge.

A way out could be to use an USB-UART component of the PSoC3 as the bootloader interface. This will appear on the PC as an emulated com-port and will be accessable by the Bootloader Host program on the PC.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies