Problems with PSoC Creator and Windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gubac_1268471
Level 3
Level 3

Good morning.

I sent an e-mail to the address CDC3.0@cypress.com on august 8th.

Until now, I did not receive any answer and my contribution does not appears on the blog.

Please, could you explain me what I have to do to obtain your attention?

My development environment is fully updated, but working on CY8C5868AXI-LP035 with Windows 10, I had a lot of problems.

I have three different PC and two MiniProg3.

A laptop running Windows XP that crashes immediately after launching the PSoC Creator.

A laptop running Windows 10 that takes more than 10 minutes to compile the application if the TopDesign has been modified.

A desktop running Windows 10 on which I obtain the best behavior, but:

- The debugger programming stops without any reason.

- The debugging stops without any reason.

- The MiniProg3 switch its green LED off without any reason.

- The programmer destroyed a microcontroller.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

PSoC Creator 3.3 is outdated and I recommend you to work on our latest version 4.2 (Link: http://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-creator-integrated-design-environment-ide  ).

We have seen some issues of 4.2 crashing during specific circumstances. I will attach those threads below.

1) Psoc creator random crash in ucrtbase.dll

2) Re: PSoC Creator 4.2 crashes when using some features

3) Re: PSOC Creator 4.2 random shutdown error in ucrtbase.dll after windows 10 1803 update

4) Re: PSoC Creator 4.2 crashes when using some features

Please check them and let me know if you find your case similar to theirs.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
45 Replies

A suspicion came to me.

My PCs are protected by Avast Internet Security.

Do you have any news of incompatibility?

Regards.

Guido

0 Likes

Can you try disabling the Avast Internet Security and checking if PSoC Creator 4.2 crashes? It might be a reason but we haven't received any reports yet on this being the reason before.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Since 3.3CP3 also crashes under XP with Avast, I will do the test tomorrow and I will let you know.

I can not try again with 4.2 and Windows 10 because the system has lost control of the MiniProg3.

Regards.

Guido

0 Likes

The criticality of 3.3 CP3 under XP is the same regardless of Avast: after some operations on the c code, I find two open sessions of the development environment and the application that does not do anything anymore.

I hope that an update of 4.2 will come out soon to try again it under W10, because working in this way means tenfold development and debugging times.

Regards.

Guido

0 Likes

Can you check if PSoC Creator 4.2 crashes during debugging through Kitprog on any of our PSoC kits in the presence of Avast? Let me know your observations.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

I do not mean to risk spoiling the development kit too! I've already had enough damage.

Regards.

Guido

0 Likes