Problem with MiniProg4 during debug

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaHu_285096
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hi,

I have started having an issue on my main pc (this did not occur until today and does not happen on other pc).

When I attempt to debug, I get the error below. If I "continue" I can step through code but this error dialog comes up at each step.

DaHu_285096_0-1620967737121.png

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @DaHu_285096

Can you please let me know if this issue is project-specific? Please try debugging an empty project and let me know if the issue still persists. If it is project-specific, can you please share the project?

We have observed similar issues when another software is running in parallel. Can you please check the other tools that might be running in the background like MS VSCode? Please close all the tools, restart PSoC Creator and let me know if that works.

this did not occur until today

Can you please let me know if you have made any changes to the project recently?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Thanks for responding.

I have 3 different projects that were all working ok till around middle/end of last week in Psoc Creator. Now all 3 have this issue when I single step debug session. It is ok if I program the micro but not single step.

I did have trouble with drivers for vscode usb to serial ports and I noticed this after I fixed those drivers (but there was also a component update that may have affected it).

The miniprog4 was only USB device attached when I have this issue.

I will create a new blank project in the morning when back in my office and advise what happens.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

I created a very simple project with no components added and it still does not work.

Attached is snapshot of the code and error and a text file containing contents of the error dialog.

0 Likes

Any ideas?

The problem is persistent even after uninstalling and reinstalling psoc creator.

0 Likes