Problem programming Psoc5

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EdPo_1556871
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an irritating problem with my design. I am using 12 GPIO pins in front of a 12 channel analog multiplexer. I am using 3 of the pins that have a 1.0uF capacitor

on the (P0-2,P0-3,P0-4) and using the remaining buffered pin P3.2 as a bypass for the Delta Sigma Reference. The remaining pins (P0-0, P0-1,P1-6,P1-7,P1-5,P0-5,

P0-6,P0-7,P3-0) I have placed a 1.0uF external capacitor to ground (through a common ground wire). When the common wire is grounded I can not program the Psoc5. If I remove the ground wire I can program the Psoc. I am probably using a dedicated pin and slowing it down with the capacitor but I can not find it. The schematic of the

on board programmer and target show that these pins are not used for programming or debugging. With the ground wire grounded I can still 'break into a running

system' but I cannot really use the debugger since it always tries to download an image and I get the db.0023 error unable to reacquire device error.

Ed

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Ed,

Have you set [ProjectName].cydwr -> Debug select as SWD?

And then please refer the kit's schematic, if there are any components added on SWD pins, please remove them.

In addition, this KBA is FYI,

Troubleshooting PSoC® 3/4/5LP Programming/Debugging Issues - KBA210619

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Which PSoc5 LP KIT are your using?

And Are you using the debugger on board to program PSoC5?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

I am using the cy8ckit-059 psoc 5lp board and using the attached programmer.

Ed

0 Likes

Hi Ed,

Have you set [ProjectName].cydwr -> Debug select as SWD?

And then please refer the kit's schematic, if there are any components added on SWD pins, please remove them.

In addition, this KBA is FYI,

Troubleshooting PSoC® 3/4/5LP Programming/Debugging Issues - KBA210619

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes