Problem in receiving packets in FSK Modem only implementation.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_3907121
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

We are using CY8CPLC20 controller for power line communication (PSOC1) . "FSK modem only " is selected .Example code given in the datasheet is flashed on both the kits. In the receive end before receiving the data  some  garbage values are received. suppose i send (AB, 01,10,23,88..) , at the receive end i get values like (FF,FF,FF,FF,AB,FF,FE,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,10,FF,FF......). Do i need to append overheads to the transmit message?

Regards,

Divya K

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Divya,

1) Kindly refer to page 8 and page 9 of PLT v 1.50 datasheet.

2) The powerline used for communication may be noisy.

The receiver gain may be too high

Noise level threshold may be low

3) You can kindly refer to PLT v 1.50 datasheet. The Sample codes are in pages 41 and 42. Unfortunately, we do not have a seperate document for Modem Only.

Best regards,

Sampath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello Divya,

You will have to use the same Network Packet structure, as shown in the datasheet of PLT User Module.

Best regards,

Sampath

0 Likes

Hi Sampath,

1]can you tell which page no. of PLT user module you are suggesting?

2] Even if you don't send anything(disconnect one controller) ,we are receiving some garbage values( FF ,FB ...)

why is it so?

3] can you provide any detailed document for implementing PLT using FSK modem only.?

Regards,

Divya K

0 Likes

Hello Divya,

1) Kindly refer to page 8 and page 9 of PLT v 1.50 datasheet.

2) The powerline used for communication may be noisy.

The receiver gain may be too high

Noise level threshold may be low

3) You can kindly refer to PLT v 1.50 datasheet. The Sample codes are in pages 41 and 42. Unfortunately, we do not have a seperate document for Modem Only.

Best regards,

Sampath

0 Likes