PSoC5LP Opamp power modes

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
IoVo_297831
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Hi all,

Searching in the PSoC5LP datasheet (i.e. CY8C58LP family datasheet - Opamp DC specifications) we notice that typical opamp quiescent current is 250uA for low power mode. When we open the opamp component datasheet (opamp v1.90) it seems that only PSoC3 supports all opamp power modes and PSoC5LP supports only the high speed/high power mode.

Does anyone know if low power modes for opamps can be applied to PSoC5LP?

Thank you in advance,
John

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The APIs for setting the power of the OpAmp do not distinguish between PSoC3 and PSoC5 LP And there is no hint that it should be differently handled in one of the targets. Since the underlying hardware is quite the same, I think that Cypress only has forgotten to name the quiescent current for different power modes. If you want to be darn sure, file a "MyCase": at top of this page go to "Support & Community -> Technical support - Create a MyCase" and specify your request.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

From a PSOC CY8C5868 datasheet -

The configurator shows  4 settings as well, Creator .1, SP2.  Only thing I noticed is that in

PSOC  3 datasheet the lowest power level is lower than all the others, unlike the PSOC 5LP

datasheet (not component datasheet, the full device datasheet).

Maybe ask about this when you file CASE.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
IoVo_297831
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Thank you very much for your answers

Regards,
John

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9