PSoC MiniProg3 USB Device not recognized Windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DHolden
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

I am trying to update the firmware in some devices, but when ever I plug in the miniprog3 into my Computer, I get the USB not recognized error in windows.  If I reboot, or let it sit unplugged for a while (sometimes hours) it might work, but then will fail when I go to turn on the units power., which then tells me to disconnect the USB again to fix the issue.  This causes the whole cycle to begin again.

Anyone have any advice on how to get this to work?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @DHolden ,

Is MiniProg3 working fine before connecting to your custom board ? Is all the status led glowing (Red- Power Green - USB detection ) before connecting your custom board?

Can you please try the option "Toggle the Power" on Programmer and tell us your observation after that?

Can you please tell how the board is powered if it is externally powered try reducing the voltage to 4.9V to 5V?

Is voltage levels chosen properly between MiniProg3 and custom board?

If MiniProg3 is working fine before connecting to custom board, can you please share schematics section MiniProg3 connector of your custom board and pins associated with it?

Can you please share which programming protocol , programming mode you are using and PSoC programmer tool  screenshot?

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies