PSoC 3 First Touch:This device...but PSoC Creator does not support using it at this time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All, 

I am very new to programming and expecially the PSoC. I am an Engineering Student and must learn the M3 Cortex, I chose PSoC as my solution.

I am having a few problems which I can not resove from any web work through. I am recieving the error message:

"this device was recognized but PSoC Creator does not support using it at this time" 

I followed the work around from here: www.cypress.com/ and here: www.cypress.com/

I reset the device (unplugged it from the USB cable, no external power is connected, just from the USB cable) and also reset the computer. Dispite these attempts I am still getting the same error messege. 

Any recomendatons?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You are here in PSoC3 forum which does not have an ARM processor, Instead you should use a PSoC5 LP which has got an ARM M3 CPU.

You need Creator 3. and a development kit for PSoC 5 LP (the "LP" is essential!)

Please check your version and resources.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

If what you have is an older PSOC 5 board, not PSOC 5 LP, then last

version of Creator to support that was 2.2. So either you learn with

the older tool or upgrade the board.

If you have an older board it might be possible to get it upgraded to

the 5LP board -

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=51577

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all your help, I will look into the purchase of a new board. I do not believe I qualify for the free upgrade since I have the PSoC 3 and not and older 5.

Thank you all for your help

0 Likes
MAXI_285456
Level 1
Level 1

CYPRESS said it is a bug in new version(PSoC Creator 3.0),and will be solved in 3.1.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Do you mean that Creator 3.1 will bring support for PSoC5 (not 5LP) devices back?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

@nolaziness

Where did you get that information from, because it sounds a bit unlikely.

Bob

0 Likes