PSOC5LP Jitter in interrupt handling

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am just starting with CY8CKIT-050 Development Kit.

I am using two SAR-ADC (Sampling frequency 100 kHz) and some time-critical calculation in a hight priority interrupt service routine (prio 0). Everything works fine until I implement an additional interrupt service (rising edge @ 10Hz, priority 7) to set a flag for further processing. This further processing is done in den main-loop and sends some data to the display.

When the the low level interrupt is enabled, I measure a Jitter (about 1.3us) in the signal processing in the high-priority interrupt service routine.

This is done with a toggle Bit as digital output at the end of the routine. The service routine is triggered by eoc of one ADC and needs about 4 us for the signal processing (without code optimization).

The reason for this Jitter is the code in the main loop (LCD functions) :

CY_ISR(DISP_ISR_LOC)
{
  Disp_Flag = 1; 
}

int main(void) .....

if (Disp_Flag == 1)
        {
            // Doing nothing for testing!

phi_disp = (phi_LUT_int * (uint64)360000) >> 16; // für P = 2

sprintf(displayStr,"%4d %4d ",(int)voltCount_sin,(int)voltCount_cos);
            LCD_Position(0,0);
            LCD_PrintString(displayStr);
            result = sprintf(displayStr,"%6d mGrad",(int)phi_disp);
            LCD_Position(1,0);
            LCD_PrintString(displayStr);
            Disp_Flag = 0;
        }

There is also a Jitter in the signal processing, depending on the input signal values and the adjustment of code optimization. But with constant input values (ignoring the ADC-Data) this jitter is not existing.

Could you give me some hints for solving this problem? 

with regards

steve_c

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Its nice when I get something right without consulting my crystal ball 😉

One thing to try: I remember some discussions about being able to execute code from sRAM isntead of Flash. Maybe AN89610 might help. Google otherwise yields http://www.cypress.com/?rID=61932 but I lack the time right now to look further. Doing so might make the code faster even without cache. (I should have thought of that earlier)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
22 Replies