PSOC has corrupted program memory

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kyha_1602936
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently shipping a product. When it goes out the door it seems to be function as expected. After about 2-3 months there have been about 15-20 of them that have come back that don't seem to function at all. I do a checksum on them and the checksum doesn't match the original program. The checksums from non-working device to non-working device all seem to be different.

I'll post the project and the checksum information on here on Monday as I know that will be more helpful. I just wanted to get the ball rolling on this question right now.

My first thoughts is that the emulated EEPROM I'm using in this project is overwriting and corrupting program memory. Is there a way to explicitly protect the program memory from being overwritten by the emulated EEPROM?

Any preliminary help would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

You can place the Em_EEPROM data storage in the checksum exclude region. This KBA elaborates the steps Using the Emulated EEPROM Component in a Bootloadable Project - KBA89149

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

You can place the Em_EEPROM data storage in the checksum exclude region. This KBA elaborates the steps Using the Emulated EEPROM Component in a Bootloadable Project - KBA89149

0 Likes