PSOC 5LP interfacing with Bluetooth

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dhgac_296796
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

I want to interface a bluetooth transceiver module(third party) to PSOC 5 LP development board. I wanted to know if I will be able to use AT commands for the same. If yes how?  

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the fascinating world of PSoCs!

The connection depends on the interface your BT-transmitter allows. When A TTL-level UART can be used it is quite probable that is understands AT-commands. If in question, post a link to your BT transmitter datasheet.

Bob

0 Likes
dhgac_296796
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Thanks for the reply. I understand, if my bluetooth module provides me TTL signal  levels, I can use AT commands for interfacing it with PSOC. I am looking forward to use HC 05 Bluetooth transceiver module as it supports TTL signal Levels. Thanks for the answer !!

0 Likes
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

I have a simple project for bluetooth module HC-04:          UART_Cogfig_Device.zip
unfortunately it for PSoC Creator 2.2 Service Pack 1. You have to update it.

0 Likes
dhgac_296796
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Thanks for the data. Helpful. Now I am feeling, I am not alone in PSOC world journey .  Thanks guys !!!

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

With the three top contributors to this forum posting about 500 (!!!) answers within one month you really are not allone in the dark. Yes, I admit that sometimes a PSoC may behave a bit (or byte) complex and sometimes the translation of the datasheet does not reveil the answer to your question but here are many developers and Cypress engineers willing to help you.

So you can "start thinking PSoC"

Bob

BTW: Did you hear / read already about the new BLE chips? A combination of PSoC and Bluetooth transmitter

0 Likes
dhgac_296796
Level 4
Level 4
First like given

Thanks Bob !!

I did see BLE recently. But I have already purchased PSOC 5 LP kit few months back. So thought of interfacing bluetooth module. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dude, I have been using PSOC-4 CY8CKIT-043 M series.I need to interface the HC-05 Bluetooth tx and rx for my applications.

I able to Receive  the data through Bluetooth, but the thing is that i cant transmit the data through Bluetooth.

I use pin 7.0 & 7.1 for this purpose.Please help me to get the result for transmit and receive the data through Bluetooth.

0 Likes