PRS stream

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MaTr_1730276
Level 4
Level 4
First like given 10 sign-ins First solution authored

Hello,

I have implemented correctly a PRS_17 using firmware routine in PSoC5 LP.

My system is properly working with the following step:

* I read a 17 bit pseudo sequence (as a bar code) and I decode it with a 17 bit polynomial;

* I set in the firmware the start seed using PRS_17_Seed(1);

* With a for cycle (start from 0 to 131072), I run the PRS_17_Read() function + PRS_17_Step();

* When my decode number match the PRS_17_Read() number, I break the for cycle;

* The cycle counter is my displacement of the absolute code.

The above system i s properly working.

My problem is that the "for cycle" can takes up to 2^17 iterations to terminate and in my case it means about 150ms.

I want to reduce this time, so I was thinking to replace firmware routine with hardware implementation.

First, I annotated the initial sequence returned from the PRS_17_Read() function, start with seed = 1 (see attached routine).

Second, I turned PRS_17 component as "clocked". On each clock the PRS_17 increment by 1 (as PRS_17_Step() function).

The problem is that the output stream is not the same of the annotate sequence and I can't understand why.

I attached a simplified project.

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Ok, no more help needed, I solved the problem by myself!

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MaTr_1730276
Level 4
Level 4
First like given 10 sign-ins First solution authored

What I need to know is how to get the same value of the API  PRS_Read()  on the stream output.

0 Likes

Nobody help me?

0 Likes

Ok, no more help needed, I solved the problem by myself!

Regards

0 Likes