OAmps in PSoC3 Arquitecture

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I need to sense a plenty of signals with Operational Amplifiers and Comparators as a circuit contitioning. I am thinking in to use PSoc3 because I have read it is possible implement many of them inside. Could any one tell me how many of each other could implement at most? Taking into account the family device that allows the maximum number.

Thank you in advance,

Albert.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mentioned you have multiple signals you are sensing. You might also want to consider multiplexing the analog signals using the Analog muxes avaialable. For example you can multiplex 8 analog signals onto a single comparator but you will incur a response time reduction by 1/8th.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The largest family of PSoC3 will give you all of these

1) 4 OpAmps which can be configured as naked OpAmps or as buffers. These are bout 3MHz BW and 25mA drive

2) 4 comparators (Has different modes that vary from low power end to high speed end). But understand these are comparators with outputs going into the digital side of the device

3) 4 SC/Ct block. These kind of like configurable analog blocks with an OpAmp. The drive strengths of these OpAmps are much reduced compared to the OpAmps in (1)

Besides you will also have SIOs which are special IOs with capability to be used as comparators if you run out of the conventional ones..

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mentioned you have multiple signals you are sensing. You might also want to consider multiplexing the analog signals using the Analog muxes avaialable. For example you can multiplex 8 analog signals onto a single comparator but you will incur a response time reduction by 1/8th.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank's for your fast answer.

Summerizing, I could use:

- 4 OpAmps.

- 4 Comparators.

- 4 SC/CT Blocks, being possible to use 4 as a PGA, for instantce?

- 8 Comparators with special IO pins funcionality, as far as I know.

Am I right?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes trotis85,

In addition to the dedicated comparators and opamps, you can also use SIO as Comparator.

How to use it? you can refer to the application note http://www.cypress.com/?rID=40989

0 Likes