My PSoC 5LP Evaluation board is not (CYC8KIT-050 ) not booting and programming

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
zaiqc_1344626
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted Welcome! First question asked

Hi,

I was trying to use 12 bit SAR ADC, and I did not notice that the system was in 3.3v mode and for testing I have connected 5v to the input of ADC. After some time I saw the LED4 and LED3 of the evalaution board started glowing and the PSoC chip became hot. I switched off. After that everytime whenever I am trying to connect to power supply both of the LED4 and LED3 is glowing and PSoC code is not booting. Even I am not able to flash the new code. I tried using miniprog3 also but it did not help.

Please suggest still this can be fixed or the board is gone. When I am connecting I am getting following screen (attached below)

Thank you.

Regards,

Zafar

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sure. Since you removed the device, if all voltages are OK, Its definitely the device, else it should be a regulator or the circuitry around it.

Regards

Nishant

View solution in original post

11 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

I think the board is gone because as you can see at page#67 of PSoC5LP datasheet (at the link below) that "DC input voltage on GPIO" maximum value is VDDIO+0.5V:

http://www.cypress.com/file/45906/download

0 Likes

Hi Anks,

Thanks for your reply.

So If I replace the IC( MCU ) in the evaluation board should it work?

Thanks.

regards,

Zafar

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please check the VCCD pin of the PSoC 5LP. This voltage is the output voltage of the device. if this voltage doesnt show up to be 1.8V, you device may have been damaged.

Before replacing, check the voltage at all points of the board after removing P5LP. If the voltages are fine go ahead and replace it.
It will work after that.

Regards

Nishant

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion, I checked the VCCD pin and can see that it is showing up 1.72v. but the other test points (VDDA) is showing up 2.3v in both (3.3v and 5v ) mode. So is it fine to go ahead and change the IC.

Thank you.

regards,

Zafar

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is VDDD showing up?

0 Likes

Hi,

System is set to 5v,(jumper setting is in 5V)

VDDD is showing 3.8 Volt.

VDDA is showing 2.3 Volt

VCCA is showing 1.8 Volt

Thanks

regards,

Zafar

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zafar,

Thanks for the data. We should also check the regulator output on board. Give me this data before adding the jumper and after adding the VDD selection jumper. This will isolate the device from the regulator output

Please give me the data with red cross in the attached picture1.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Any updates? Did you change the device or measured the voltages I mentioned?

Regards

Nishant

0 Likes

Hi Nishant

Sorry I was out for few days, here we have removed the controller from the main board and ordered the new one. Today I will check the voltage level and update you.

Thank you.

regards,

Zafar

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sure. Since you removed the device, if all voltages are OK, Its definitely the device, else it should be a regulator or the circuitry around it.

Regards

Nishant

Hi Nishant,

Sorry for the late reply, yes this was the IC and I changed it and now it is working fine.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Zafar

0 Likes