MICRO USB B not detected

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am testing the HID MOUSE example from PSOC and i follow the instructions:

pastedImage_0.png

But when I connect the kit to a computer via a USB cable plugged into the USB micro connector nothing happens. I think my computer is not detecting the USB micro connector.

I am using http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-059-psoc-5lp-prototyping-kit-onb...  

Please it is very important!!

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

everything is solved now thanks. it was a cable that didnt work

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi,

I am sharing the project which I tested on CY8CKIT-059 on PSoC Creator4.2.

It worked properly as expected means there was  movement of mouse cursor in a square pattern  with Micro USB connected.If it doesn't works in your setup.

Then it could be an issue with the system or the cable.

Please check the CY8CKIT-059 is not faulty by programming any other CE (Code Example)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tested with your project and it was the same. Change the cable and it was the same.

The problem is that my computer does not recognize the micro usb so it is impossible to see the mouse moving.

What did you do to make your computer detect the micro usb?

0 Likes

I did nothing to make my computer detect Micro USB.Please check your PC's specifications.Please try unplugging and plugging the  USB cable with  CY8CKIT-059's Micro USB port

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont understand. I can do everything with the other part (kitprog) but  i need the usb. My kit is new and my pc is a surface pro 4. There is something wrong... i Cant get it.

0 Likes

This is the driver details for HID mouse in my system:

pastedImage_0.png

I think you need to contact Microsoft for this issue, as you can see these HID drivers are Microsoft Provided.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to solve my problem but now when i test the UART example with micro usb it shows in other devices the CDC Communication Interface wich needs a driver. What should I do?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Already did these steps and had the same problem

http://www.cypress.com/file/123316/download

0 Likes

Hi, can you please mention how you resolved the previous problem for which the thread was created.

You can try installing this exe which will provide you Microsoft Certified USBUART (CDC) drivers:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/microsoft-certified-usb-uart-driver

Each thread correspond to resolution of one issue only

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

everything is solved now thanks. it was a cable that didnt work

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In other words there is no enumeration...

0 Likes