Looking for recommended SD memory kit for the PSoC5LP kit?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

So as i work on getting the comm working between the CANBUS and my truck, im starting to research datalogging ways.. and one of course would be to write the data to a SD card or some other form of storage.

What kits if any are available to use for such thing, i noticed that the SD memory eval kit is no longer available.

If there is a kit what would any one recommend?

Or is it possible to set it up to connect an external USB drive to the board and have the data written to that instead of a SD card?

I wont be doing this right away, but would like to start researching my options so i can take that into consideration on writing the logic for the gathering of the data and such.

thank you

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I do not have any recommedation for the SD-card at hand.

But the idea connecting an USB-stick will not work with a PSoC5: The stick will need an USB-Host which cannot be done with a PSoC5.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that the same for external hardrive? im assumming yes.

Like i said just looking for suggested solutions to look into and possibly try.

I found a few SD shields on sparkfun that i assume will work?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Something like this http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0320/7809/products/730-01_1024x1024.jpg?v=1401458396 would work, the rest is PSoC's job.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Here is a PSOC 4 SD CARD solution, maybe adapt it ?

www.element14.com/community/thread/25517/l/psoc-4-pioneer-kit-community-project050-sd-card-example

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes