Inverting Amplifier with Opamp

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ArM_1088156
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

I try to make inverting amplifier with the opamp of PSoC 5LP module in the cy8c kit001. But, unable to do it.

I can successfully make the noninverting amplifier, but when I try to switch it into an inverting one, I just fail to do one.

I just switched the voltage and ground to switch between the inv and non-inv one.. What mistake I'm making?

Regards

M Arivalagan

0 Likes
1 Solution
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

IF you are wanting a comparator output, then  connect the + input to a VRef that is NOT VSSA, and do the Opamp_1_Start() call.

If you want an amplifier, then....

What gain are you wanting?  Once you know, you need to route the Output to a Pin on the PSoc, then route the - input to a Pin on the PSoc, and then the + input to a Pin on the PSoc.  Then, attach R2 to the Output Pin and the - Pin, and then attach R1 to the - input pin.  Then attach your signal to the Input of R1.

Finally, take the + input and connect it to ground on the PSoc.  At that point, you have an inverting op-amp with a gain.

A tutorial for op-amps is available here: https://www.electronics-notes.com/articles/analogue_circuits/operational-amplifier-op-amp/inverting-...

invertOpamp.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The operational range of PSoC 5Lp is 0 to 5.5 volts. So the voltage on the pins should not exceed this limit.

What is the voltage on the pin you are giving and what is the voltage you are expecting on the output?

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

M Arivalagan,

Here is an inverting opamp configuration.  There is no errors in the Application Build phase.

pastedImage_0.png

Is this what you are talking about?

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

IF you are wanting a comparator output, then  connect the + input to a VRef that is NOT VSSA, and do the Opamp_1_Start() call.

If you want an amplifier, then....

What gain are you wanting?  Once you know, you need to route the Output to a Pin on the PSoc, then route the - input to a Pin on the PSoc, and then the + input to a Pin on the PSoc.  Then, attach R2 to the Output Pin and the - Pin, and then attach R1 to the - input pin.  Then attach your signal to the Input of R1.

Finally, take the + input and connect it to ground on the PSoc.  At that point, you have an inverting op-amp with a gain.

A tutorial for op-amps is available here: https://www.electronics-notes.com/articles/analogue_circuits/operational-amplifier-op-amp/inverting-...

invertOpamp.png

0 Likes