Interrupt

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

On my PSoC I have 2 interrupts one at 2000Hz and one at 100Hz as you can see in attachment.

In the first interrupt ISR_Dyna I ask datas via UART at 460000 Baud 

In the second interrupt ISR_Stat I ask others datas via the same UART at 460000 Baud 

My problem is that I can't have both interrupt at same time because I receive data by UART Interrupt and if ISR_Dyna is asking datas  and ISR_Stat is asking Data at the same time there will be conflicts and I will be stuck in my sequencer.

So to avoid that in my code I do Start and Stop each Interrupt, but I don't know if its the best way to do it?

Actually I made a mistake in my code and it was workingbut I don"t understand why.

My code was:

if(countMain==100){ // ask datas at 2000Hz                    
        isr_dyna_Stop();                        //
        isr_stat_StartEx(dynamique);            //
        }
if (countMain==115){ // ask datas at 100Hz
        isr_dyna_Stop();                        //
        isr_stat_StartEx(statique);             //
        }

And as you can see my mistake is instead of write  

isr_stat_Stop();
 isr_dyna_StartEx(dynamique);

I wrote in the first If

isr_dyna_Stop();                        //
isr_stat_StartEx(dynamique);            //

So my code work with the mistake and I don't understand why,and if I correct my mistake, it work 3-4 time and after it stucks.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Two interrupts of the same priority won't run at the same time. So there is no need to disable/enable one. The ISR that comes second will just wait until the first one finishes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Two interrupts of the same priority won't run at the same time. So there is no need to disable/enable one. The ISR that comes second will just wait until the first one finishes.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Since it is a fixed ratio 20/1, and single UART channel, it would be prudent to have only one 2000Hz interrupt, counting 0-20, and on 20th time to request both infos. Hard to say more without seeing the code.

0 Likes