cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 5, 3 & 1 MCU

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

How to generate an interrupt from comparator's output without using any DigBuf module? Can I get two interrupts using the same transition before & after routing to a DigBuf ? I read related stuff on cypress documentation but wasn't able to figure out anything conclusive.

I did include pragma interrupt_handler in the beginning. I tried incorporating ljmp  _Comp1 (taking Comp1 as the name) in boot.tpl file & then to begin with, in my ISR, which I'm coding in C, I tried to change an LED's status everytime an interrupt occurs but couldn't succeed. Tell me the correct sequence and/or example code for the same. 

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Esteemed Contributor II

I tested --- it works fine.

There is a file generated named COMP_INT.asm where the modifications have to be made

Attached is a working project. External connection is needed from Port0_0 to Port0_1, interrupt occurs once a second.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi ramanathan,

i too was facing the same problem when trying to use an interrupt directly from a comparator bus but i could'nt achieve that. the most i could do was to route it to a digbuf module and use its interrupt for my application. i would be glad if someone from the cypress community can help us out.

0 Likes
Esteemed Contributor II

I cannot see any pitfalls with the comparator so far: Depending on the analog column the appropiate interrupt in Boot.tpl has to be changed (Interrupt #2 to 5) and the interrupt has to be enabled for the comparator via the API.

I think, I'll test that.

Bob

0 Likes
Esteemed Contributor II

I tested --- it works fine.

There is a file generated named COMP_INT.asm where the modifications have to be made

Attached is a working project. External connection is needed from Port0_0 to Port0_1, interrupt occurs once a second.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Esteemed Contributor II

Small correction: Interrupt occurs every 2 seconds.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hallo Bob!

I tried your code. It works fine. Generating interrupt from the comparator bus was successfull. Danke 😉

0 Likes
Esteemed Contributor II

@ramanathan

You are always welcome! Where did you pick up your german vocabular?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an activity in college where I'd to learn a bit of german. Not even an amateur. You're a gentleman - sticking to english even when triggered 😛  

0 Likes
Esteemed Contributor II

So you may call me GentleProgrammierer (broad smile)

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

A little madness from my side - just got this thought ; I configured SC block as a comparator - I got a nearly digital o/p. i.e the edges are not as sharp as it would be if a comparator is made using a CT block BUT with LESSER noise.. Can these raw transitions from 0-5 V, when directly routed to pins,  trigger GPIO Interrupts ?

Danke, RAM

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instead of routing the SCBLOCK based comparator output to a pin and then generating interrupt, you can route the comparator output directly to a comparator bus present in every analog column. You can then enable the comparator bus interrupt. 

You can refer AN2108 - Implementing Hysteresis Comparator - 

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=2780

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using an SC block as a comparator. & I've routed the o/p to the Comparator's bus - Is that what you mean by enabling the comparator bus or there are any specific instructions to accomplish this ? 

RAM

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is correct. You can do this in chip editor of PSoC Designer itself. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ rjvb,

Thanks but what's not clear to me is different - I'm asking how to use the o/p of ComparatorBus_0 as an interrupt  ? 

(Note - I dont want routing using DigBuf as that makes my o/p noisy ; I'm NOT using a CT comparator user module but an SC block's analog transition on CompBus)

Regards, RAM

0 Likes
Esteemed Contributor

I believe its this register -

0 Likes
Esteemed Contributor

I believe its this register, attached -

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
    You can refer Design 2 presented in application note     AN2108 - Implementing Hysteresis Comparator -    

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=2780

In addition to the code written for Design 2, add following to enable the interrupt -   

/*****************************************************************************/   

M8C_EnableGInt ; //enable global interrupt   

/*  enable comparator interrupt. Select an instruction from the list below depending on where SC block is placed */   

INT_MSK0 |= 0x02;   //use this if SC block is placed in column 0   

INT_MSK0 |= 0x04;  //use this if SC block is placed in column 1   

INT_MSK0 |= 0x08; //use this if SC block is placed in column 2   

INT_MSK0 |= 0x10; //use this if SC block is placed in column 3   

/****************************************************************************/   
0 Likes
Esteemed Contributor

And don't forget to modify boot.tpl, root directory of project, with ljmp ISR name

for that column -

org   08h                      ;Analog Column 0 Interrupt Vector
    `@INTERRUPT_2`
    reti

org   0Ch                      ;Analog Column 1 Interrupt Vector
    `@INTERRUPT_3`
    reti

org   10h                      ;Analog Column 2 Interrupt Vector
    `@INTERRUPT_4`
    reti

org   14h                      ;Analog Column 3 Interrupt Vector
    `@INTERRUPT_5`
    reti

You replace the "`@INTERRUPT_n`" contruct with -

"ljmp ISRname" ( if ISR is a C solution, say COMPisr, then use as its name, "ljmp _COMPisr"

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes