In my recent Project need configure PSOC-5LP USB HID device.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PAB
Level 2
Level 2
First like given Welcome!

In my recent Project need configure PSOC-5LP USB HID device and read sensor value and display it on windows application and there should be one button in windows application with which we can send command to HID device to turn NO/OFF motor. I had added the usb-fs and also set its clock. I am not getting the USB protocol and its API.

Please Help...

0 Likes
1 Solution
KyTr_1955226
Level 6
Level 6
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 50 solutions authored

Do you have your PSoC HID connecting and enumerating with the host PC as a HID?  If so you just need a way to talk to it from the host PC in your language of choice.

I built a quick application to display data from a PSoC5LP based HID device in WinForms C#, I used HIDSharp to interface with it.  I haven't worked a ton with it, but it worked for me to send some bytes back and forth.  There are other options for other languages. PyUSB For Python for example.  AN82072 can help here.

As far as getting the PSoC configured and using the USBFS API in PSoC Creator goes, it's more than just setting up the USB clock.  You need to configure the USBFS component and tell the PSoC how to arrange the incoming/outgoing USB bytes.  HID has a set of rules for how it needs to work,  AN57473 was a huge help getting me started, and comes with some very helpful examples.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KyTr_1955226
Level 6
Level 6
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 50 solutions authored

Do you have your PSoC HID connecting and enumerating with the host PC as a HID?  If so you just need a way to talk to it from the host PC in your language of choice.

I built a quick application to display data from a PSoC5LP based HID device in WinForms C#, I used HIDSharp to interface with it.  I haven't worked a ton with it, but it worked for me to send some bytes back and forth.  There are other options for other languages. PyUSB For Python for example.  AN82072 can help here.

As far as getting the PSoC configured and using the USBFS API in PSoC Creator goes, it's more than just setting up the USB clock.  You need to configure the USBFS component and tell the PSoC how to arrange the incoming/outgoing USB bytes.  HID has a set of rules for how it needs to work,  AN57473 was a huge help getting me started, and comes with some very helpful examples.