Importing Component into PSoC Creator 4.4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
CaDu_3933941
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi all,

I am trying to import a component (file attached to email). I followed the tutorial video from Cypress on how to import components. My problem is that whenever I import it, the component does not appear on the Component Catalog on the right. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi,

I followed the steps below and I was able to view the component in component catalogue:

1. In the workspace, go to the components tab, right click on the project and select Import_Component.

2. In the Import_Component dialogue box select the Import from Archive option and navigate to the directory of the component as shown in the figure below.

pastedImage_1.png

3. After the component is imported, open the the symbol file of the component that you want to view in the component catalog (For example, in the case of bI2C_TimeoutTimer_v1_30 open the bI2C_TimeoutTimer_v1_30.cysym file)

pastedImage_2.png

4. Right click on the symbol file and select Properties:

pastedImage_3.png

5. Make the following settings in the properties dialogue box:

pastedImage_4.png

Make sure that the Doc.SymbolVisibilityInCatalog is true.

6. In the Doc.CatalogPlacement, click on the three dots next to collection, this will open the Catalog Placement dialogue box.

Here, you need to provide the path in the component catalog where you need to place the component:

pastedImage_5.png

For example, I have provided the following path: Imported/I2C/ Base I2C TimeoutTimer (Verilog). Click on Ok. And save the changes made.

7. Now, go to the TopDesign, here you will see a new tab called Imported, inside which you should be able to see the component.

pastedImage_6.png

You need to repeat the above steps for the rest of the components as well in order to view the in the component catalog.

You can refer to the following appnote which provides the same steps: Designing PSoC Creator Components with UDB Datapaths

Best Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ekta_N

Hi,

I followed the steps below and I was able to view the component in component catalogue:

1. In the workspace, go to the components tab, right click on the project and select Import_Component.

2. In the Import_Component dialogue box select the Import from Archive option and navigate to the directory of the component as shown in the figure below.

pastedImage_1.png

3. After the component is imported, open the the symbol file of the component that you want to view in the component catalog (For example, in the case of bI2C_TimeoutTimer_v1_30 open the bI2C_TimeoutTimer_v1_30.cysym file)

pastedImage_2.png

4. Right click on the symbol file and select Properties:

pastedImage_3.png

5. Make the following settings in the properties dialogue box:

pastedImage_4.png

Make sure that the Doc.SymbolVisibilityInCatalog is true.

6. In the Doc.CatalogPlacement, click on the three dots next to collection, this will open the Catalog Placement dialogue box.

Here, you need to provide the path in the component catalog where you need to place the component:

pastedImage_5.png

For example, I have provided the following path: Imported/I2C/ Base I2C TimeoutTimer (Verilog). Click on Ok. And save the changes made.

7. Now, go to the TopDesign, here you will see a new tab called Imported, inside which you should be able to see the component.

pastedImage_6.png

You need to repeat the above steps for the rest of the components as well in order to view the in the component catalog.

You can refer to the following appnote which provides the same steps: Designing PSoC Creator Components with UDB Datapaths

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes

Thanks!

My problem now is the following, since I the component I am using (I2C_V3)  is supposed to overwrite the existing I2C component, it is now telling me that "there are multiple definitions of this component version in your project dependencies list"

Any way to work around this? I am trying to make it so that I can overwrite the I2C component in order to modify the generated source files.

0 Likes
Ekta_N

Hi,

If you want to make changes in the generated source of an existing component by importing it, I would recommend you to follow the steps provided in the KBA: Customizing a Component using PSoC Creator - KBA229139

I tried the same and I was able to build the project successfully without any errors.

In case you continue to face any issues, kindly attach the bundle of the your project.

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes