I2C slave address for CY8C9560A?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Day,

I'm trying to interface to the CY8C9560A but can't figure out its I2C slave address.  What is it by default?

Are there any examples of message streams to configure the device?

Also, we are having problems understanding the pin mappings on table 5 of the datasheet.  E.g. why does there seem to be more than 1 bit on a port controlling a single PWM output?  Why is that needed?

Thanks if anyone can help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our understanding is that the I2C address for the GPIO/PWM device (i.e. not the onboard EEPROM) is 010000A0X, with the "A0" meaning the logic level of the address 0 pin (0 or 1), and X being don't care (it's the read/write bit of the I2C address, so 0 for a write, 1 for a read).  So for example if we tie A0 low, and want to do a write, the address will be in binary 01000000, i.e. hex 0x40 for a write.

Does this sound correct?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Good Day,

Attached is the datasheet for the CY8C9560A. The default address is not straight forward. To know the I2C Slave address for the multiport and EEPROM sections, kindly refer to "Device Access Addressing" on page 4, and "Extendable Soft Addressing" on page 9.

Sampath

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our understanding is that the I2C address for the GPIO/PWM device (i.e. not the onboard EEPROM) is 010000A0X, with the "A0" meaning the logic level of the address 0 pin (0 or 1), and X being don't care (it's the read/write bit of the I2C address, so 0 for a write, 1 for a read).  So for example if we tie A0 low, and want to do a write, the address will be in binary 01000000, i.e. hex 0x40 for a write.

Does this sound correct?

0 Likes

Hello Sean,

This sounds correct. A0 should be tied to GND directly or through a resistor less than around 200 ohms.

Best regards,

Sampath

0 Likes
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Good day,

With reference to table 5, there are more than 1 GPIO marked for a specific PWM. This means that the PWM output can be routed to one of these GPIOs.

Thanks,

Sampath

0 Likes