I2C of "CY8C5467LTI-LP003" will it require Pull up resistors?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaVa_4525396
Level 2
Level 2
5 likes given First like given

1) I2C of "CY8C5467LTI-LP003" will it require Pull up resistors?

2) in datasheet it shows that this chip contains 2 I2C channels, but in PSoC creator i am only able to place 1 I2C block otherwise it shows error of I2C limit exceed and suggest me to put UDB I2C.

3) if i place UDB I2C block , the error solved and now i have 2 I2C (Master) , in PSoC Creator it shows Master I2C and Slave I2C blocks with their UDBs, now if i place I2C Master Block then the MCU set as Master right? and same with Slave Block if i place Slave block the MCU will set as Slave right?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

JaVa,

Yes.  By the definition of I2C the clock (SCL) and data (SDA) lines are float high (therefore a pull up is necessary) and drive low.

2) in datasheet it shows that this chip contains 2 I2C channels, but in PSoC creator i am only able to place 1 I2C block otherwise it shows error of I2C limit exceed and suggest me to put UDB I2C.

This is true for me too if I am trying to configure two fixed-function I2C components.  This is only one in the PSoC5LP.

3) if i place UDB I2C block , the error solved and now i have 2 I2C (Master) , in PSoC Creator it shows Master I2C and Slave I2C blocks with their UDBs, now if i place I2C Master Block then the MCU set as Master right? and same with Slave Block if i place Slave block the MCU will set as Slave right?

Yes.  There are four modes shown in the datasheet, Slave, Master, Multi-Master, Multi-Master-Slave.  Read the datasheet to determine which best suits your needs.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

JaVa,

Yes.  By the definition of I2C the clock (SCL) and data (SDA) lines are float high (therefore a pull up is necessary) and drive low.

This is true for me too if I am trying to configure two fixed-function I2C components.  This is only one in the PSoC5LP.

Yes.  There are four modes shown in the datasheet, Slave, Master, Multi-Master, Multi-Master-Slave.  Read the datasheet to determine which best suits your needs.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."