How to use debugger in PSoC Creator 3.3 CP1??

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I trying to use the debugger but getting error "Debugger exited unexpectedly during run"(Please see the attachment for your reference). 

working on OS Windows 7

How to use debugger in Creator 3.3 ??

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When you do not use any power-saving modes during debug as deep sleep, I would suggest you to try to re-install Creator completely. Use the update manager for de-install.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you saying that using deep sleep while trying to debug will cause this error?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum!

Exactly. Deep sleep and debugging do not go together, the device will disconnect from debugging interface for too long. This will raise an error.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am trying to debug C file, but Run option is hidden.As i am new to PSoC programming, please guide me to debug the C program. i am programming for CY8C22545

0 Likes

Welcome in the forum. The Cy8c22545 is a PSoC1 chip for which you need PSoC Designer 5.4 IDE. No built-in debug capabilities, you would need an ICE-Box (In-Circuit-Emulator) which is comparably expensive.

I would suggest you to use a different chip: There is a CY8CKIT-043 PSoC4-M Prototyping Kit with programmer and debug capabilities. You will need PSoC Creator 4.1 as IDE.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying.I am using PSoC Designer 5.4 IDE and I have to use CY8C22545 only. Is there any other way to check whether my program is right or wrong.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You will need to use "poor man's debugger": That is by switching signals to indicate a certain stage in your project met. You can also use UART and send short ASCII messages but this may slow down the performance significantly. A logic analyzer can be very helpful.

Bob

0 Likes
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Also, if you have any static electricity in your body, especially if the usb cable is long, you will get this message if you touch your board, even the ground lead.

0 Likes