How to set the ports and pin?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all,

I'm doubt how can i correctly set the ports in project?dose there is a table to check?Like the UART ,read the data from SRAM to pc,so I should how to set the RX and TX?As also a RC filter,i have checked  the Appendix,but i can't find the capacitor and resistor(except the potentiometer) corresponding ports signed on the paper.Thanks.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Your question is a bit difficult to understand. When you ask for the drive-mode of the pin used for an UART you should use "Strong". When connecting the UART to a PC you will need a voltage-level shifter (like a MAX232) since a PC serial port needs a +-12V input and your PSoC just delivers 0 to VDD.

Are you using a Cypress Development Kit? and if, which one??

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

RS232 Physical Layer specs -

http://www.radio-electronics.com/info/telecommunications_networks/rs232/signals-voltages-levels.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RS-232

What paper are you referring to ? Post a link or copy of the paper. Regarding the

filter you are talking about.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bob,

yeah,i have a kit as the CY8CKIT-050,the messages you advised are also my need.Can you tell me how to find them?Maybe in which paper?Then my key question,like LCD' pins routined to P2[0]~p2[6],the UART ,read the data from SRAM to pc,how to set the RX and TX?As also a RC filter,i have checked  the Appendix,but i can't find the capacitor and resistor(except the potentiometer) corresponding ports signed on the paper.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@danaaknight,

I' m sorry for that.I cannot sure wether you can read chinese.I have searched it on chinese web.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

I think there are multiple questions. For using a PSoC component, just right-click on it, and read the darta sheet and look at the examples.

This should give you a good idea how to send data to a PC using the UART.

For the LCD connections: look at the -050 kit user manual. In the functional description, it explains where the peripherals are connected. If its not mentioned there, look at the provided schematic. There you see that the LCD is connected to P2[6:0]. You also see there, that the UART level shifter is not pre-connected to specific pins, so you can use whichever you want. You just need to connected them (hint: add female headers to the prototyping area).

I do not understand the question about the RC filter. There is a ton of information about them available. What is the relation to PSoC?

Maybe just post the document number (and the link) of the paper you are referring to - Google translate is rather good...

0 Likes