How to make the MFi Lightning Audio project support the input gain control?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
shlu_1817156
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi,

I am now designing a product base on CY8CKIT-033A platform.

The example project "Music Creation" have the function of VOLUME CONTROL.

I use an APP named iRig Recorder in iPhone for recording, it support input gain control of the microphone build-in iPhone. When I plug CY8CKIT-033A to iPhone with the Lightning interface,the app iRig Recorder hid the input gain control block and didn't support gain control any more.(See the attachments.)

My question is, How to make CY8CKIT-033A support input gain control?

Thanks!

sd.

0 Likes
1 Solution
himc_284346
Level 3
Level 3
Welcome! 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hello,

I believe that it is not possible to control the mic volume using HID or USB Audio. You will need to have a volume control on the board and control the PGA internally without PC intervention.

Cheers!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
himc_284346
Level 3
Level 3
Welcome! 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hello,

I believe that it is not possible to control the mic volume using HID or USB Audio. You will need to have a volume control on the board and control the PGA internally without PC intervention.

Cheers!!!

0 Likes

Hi! HiZ.

Thanks for your reply.

I think you are right. I tested a product of Sennheiser with the app iRig Recorder,it could not control the mic volume either. And, I tested the same product with an app named MetaRecorder, which provided by Sennheiser company, it can control the mic volume.

I believe that, the function of mic volume controlling is implement with the user-defined protocol.

Best regards!!

0 Likes