How to make a very low frequency range from 0.01Hz to 10kHz?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hai cypress community.

Im still newbie in using psoc 5lp. i want to know is there has any ways to generate a vey low frequency waveform range from 0.01Hz to 10kHz.

TQ for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
0 Likes
4 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        You can try this component for precision frequency generation: http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-community-components/dds24-24-bit-dds-arbitrary-frequency-generato...   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tq for your help..

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This is my first study for PSoC device.

I need similar feature for variable frequency generator like DDS24, and I need BLE feature on same device. Thus, I select PSoC 4 BLE device for my case study, and I got a CY8CKIT-042-BLE Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) Pioneer Kit  to verify the features.

I only need a software control frequency to generate out1, fixed phase shift 180 for out2, and another hardware/software “enOut3” to control output for out3.( all of out1/2/3 with same frequency  ).

I load DDS24 library to my project, PSoC Creator 4 Update 1 builder shown the resource is not enough to fit on the device. Thus, I erase some feature of control register in DDS24_Core_v0_0.v, and use a fixed parameter for < tune_word > to get fixed frequency generation. Yes, It is workable, the resource meter shows “MacroCells 29/32, Unique P-terms 27/64, Datapath Cells 0/4, Status Cells 1/4, Control Cells 0/4”.

But, I need a API runtime controlled frequency entry for my project. My first question, if we can use DataPath elements, it may reduce the resource of Marcocells used, and we can get more resource to fit all features on the device. 2nd question, how can I to use a precision clock source for DDS24 ? It looks source comes from internal 48MHz to generate a lower clock source as 3MHz that I need, but, the error is too big to match my requirement, I wish to use the source comes from external crystal 24MHz, not internal 48MHz.   

Has it any chance to implement ? 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

You are posting in a PSoC5 forum and not in the PSoC4 BLE forum. Someone who might be able to help you will not read your question.

And: It is not advisable to hijack a one year old thread with a completely different theme.

Bob

0 Likes